Search This Blog

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Another God Moment, praying on the street in Ardmore

Have you ever made a decision to do something and then try to figure a way to get out of it elegantly? I was the only one on our Main Street Board to possibly attend some mandatory training in Ardmore as everyone had other commitments and the training was geared toward Directors of which we don't have at the moment.

My morning had already started early with physical therapy for ninety minutes, then back home to shower and the temptation to get a few more moments of snooze time was really getting to me. I called the state coordinator to see if I needed to drive the 2:30 min to just participate for a couple of hours then drive back home.

I was told that yes I could miss it and we could make up the training later. The he said something that caused me to commit. "We have a box here for your Main Street, it's 40 lbs of coloring books." I said, "I'm leaving in a few moments and I'll see you at 12:00."

I grabbed some cold water, camera, iPad, and headed to the car. I had the oil changed right after Physical therapy, so I was done. No problems on the drive through the two lane back roads of southern Oklahoma. The land looked a little parched, but still beautiful.

I arrived at the Ardmore train depot, walking into a room full of people listening to a man talking about restaurants from a customers perspective. It was informative and enlightening for this eating machine. I found myself agreeing with many of the perceptions that are the norm. I was starting to feel alright about the trip.

We were broken up into groups of five to assess a local restaurant with our group looking at food and the menu. Right up my alley. We walked over to the restaurant, which was finishing its heavy lunch hour. It was nice and worth another visit from me. I took some photos and was compelled to step out the back and look at the neighboring buildings. I stepped out and saw some boarded up brick buildings across the street and a large three story building across the intersection. While I was outside I glanced up at a man on a ladder next to me washing the windows. I asked him about the three story building, and the Lord presented me with a God Moment. Frank got off the ladder and introduced himself as a religious philosopher. He shared the story of a man that owned the building giving hope to the lost, those addicted to drugs and alcohol. How the owner's building was condemned by the city, but he was still committed to the lost. Frank told me how he moved his shop of hope downtown. I was being poured out by Frank as he shared his philosophy.

I was being filled up and prayed that God would reveal himself through the Holy Spirit as Frank was talking. I listened to Frank and he stopped and said, "Brother Chris let's pray." We jumped right to it. As I was praying I asked the Lord to show me truth from Frank, take deception away and share, just as I prayed that, Frank spoke those same words. My flesh was alive as my soul rejoiced. As we continued I wanted more divine truth, Lord was this why I'm in Ardmore? Frank then spoke words that have been on my heart about bridging the churches as we all are Christ's and we will meet Jesus in His kingdom not in different denominations of Heaven. He shared his background and how the Holy Spirit has moved him to share The Church with the lost. Jesus you move me past myself!

He left me on that corner to get information to me on the History of the True Church before it was made in man's perception. Well, as a History person, I was overflowing. We hugged and shared information. I humbly walked back to the train depot, touched that God would share himself to me on such a beautiful day in a different town.

The rest of the afternoon was wonderful. I gathered some more restaurant information and completed two more assessments. I picked up some sushi and came home praising the Lord for taking me to the street.

Take those moments to share our Creator, as he will share himself with you in the most wonderful places.

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment