Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

The Living Water... Really? Yes, Really!

This morning the Lord spoke to me as I returned from Physical Therapy.  He placed upon my heart to go out into our backyard and water the plants.  Something very simple right?  Oh, my no.  As I started I looked out over all of them and noticed some looked really tired and worn down from the heat that has been beating us all down.  I looked at them and thought let me give you some water to revive you so you can grow to be what God wants you to be.

 I started with the first pot which has a tomato plant that is thin and has had some  spider mite issues.  When I turned on the water and approached the soil with the water spraying from the nozzle something amazing occurred, the soil wasn't ready to take the water full force, it had to be tendered.  Meaning that I had to adjust the flow so the water wouldn't run all over the pot and find a quick exit out of the bottom. This was done and all the insects that have found a happy place were disrupted at first.  I'm sure they will go back once the ground is moistened up and the water gives them cool and calm conditions once again.  The tomato plant  responded with sturdier leaves and stood a little taller after filling the pot with water.  I proceeded to go to all of the other pots and filled them with the living water, watching the results as the plants responded to this gift of life.  It was truly a God Thing.  

He reminded me that I am just like one of the pots.  Sometimes even with the right amount of watering, if I'm left to my own and don't receive the special attention that I need I can either wither or not grow correctly  or even provide good fruit because I let the water go right through me.  So it is important that I listen to my Heavenly Father as He gives me His Spirit of Living Water in order to grasp the gift He has so graciously provided.  I can then respond and give back His gift for others to enjoy.  The little bits of my sin are like those insects that get displaced, I can respond in any given manner by fleeing, fighting, or surrendering to the Plan.  God gives me that choice. When I accept and surrender my sin, it can provides a means for change within me, to work it out  by showing others that I am not perfect and don't have all the answers.  That I can bear good fruit, and show love to others. I do know the Lord has all of that for me. My desire is to provide Good Fruit for my Heavenly Father, it should be all of ours.  So let's share that with others.  For the Water of Life leads to eternity, not to drought. 

Thank-you Lord for giving me Hope for a better tomorrow as I yearn to seek you in others I love on today.

God Bless My Friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment