Search This Blog

Saturday, September 29, 2012

My Rock and Fortress

For you are my rock and my fortress; 
Therefore, for Your name's sake, 
Lead me and guide me.  
Pull me out of the net which they
  have secretly laid up for me, 
For You are my strength.
Into Your hand I commit my spirit;
You have redeemed me, O Lord 
   God of truth.

Ps. 31:3-5



For you are my rock and fortress, this is a powerful image when you have a visual.  Imagine that the extremes of weather, time and life won't do much to this rock. Jesus is our rock and fortress. That alone would be enough, but like the commercials say "...but, wait there's more..."  Therefore, for Your name's sake, Lead me and guide me. This couldn't be any stronger, it's not my  name sake or Joe Bob's, Billie Jeans, or anyone else, it is Your Name's sake.  The Creator of the Universe.  The CREATOR, not some nebulous thing that you can't comprehend, well maybe it's tough to think of Him that way. The Father of us all.  Pull me out of the net which they have secretly laid up for me,  We aren't talking the internet although now a days it could be.  This is all the stuff that circumstances and events that our enemies and the evil one lay up on us.

The deception and lies in life that we are constantly bombarded with. We know exactly which ones that affect us spiritually, physically, and mentally when we don't focus on the life the Father has blessed us with.  Man, I've been there in the net trying to struggle free and it just wasn't working.  Thankfully someone would remind me that it's not me alone, that I needed to quit taking my struggles back from the Lord. This is something that I do often, not meaning to, but it just happens.  I like being in control of my Life, but I like having Him being in Control of me.  It makes is so much easier.  Humility is a great motivator for me as I begin to see some of the Plans of the Lord as they relate to me.  He is wonderful in moving the life around me and letting me catch a glimpse of His "God Moment."  The kind of moment when you know you are in the presence of the Holy Spirit and He is making something wonderful happen.  That is a beautiful thing.

For You are my strength.  Oh, yes, Father you are my strength.  You give us the Power to move forward when we are down. You give the strength to Love someone that we normally would rather not be with. You give us the ability to gather together to serve You in extraordinary and supernatural ways.  We don't have it in us to be that strong for one another.  It is only through You, Jesus that we have that strength.

Into Your hand I commit my spirit;  Into Your hand Father I commit my spirit, this isn't a physical thing it's a spiritual and supernatural essence of our being.  We can think of the times as children or as a parent or grandparent of reaching out to the one we trust and love and wanting that touch.  It is grace to see a small child reach out their little hand and want to have someone take it and give them comfort.  We give the Father our Lord Jesus our hand to take our spirit and give us comfort and shelter.  When I was deathly ill this past year that was my prayer, Lord into you I commit my spirit, what comfort that was knowing that He had me in His hand.  He gave me comfort and peace and told me it wasn't time for me to go yet, that He had plans for me to complete before I could be with Him.  Thank-you Lord.


You have redeemed me, O Lord God of truth.  I am redeemed. I am delivered from sin and its consequences by means of a sacrifice offered for me the sinner.  (Webster's loose definition).  The sacrifice was Jesus Christ who unselfishly gave Himself up for not only my sin, but the sin of the world.  That includes you and all of us.  Why is it so hard for people to understand?  For God so loved the world that He gave His  only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.  John 3:16-17.
 
What more can we ask for?  We can't do this alone, for we have a Savior that is right there, meeting us with open arms and is as Loving as we will ever know.  Where will you place your Love, for me it is founded on my Rock and Fortress, Jesus Christ.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment